The first title in this new TerraAtlas™ collection of high quality aerial photography is Central Washington, DC, an aerial photographic atlas of the administrative, historical, intellectual, and emotional heart of our nation's capital and the adjoining part of Arlington County, Virginia.Architectural landmarks and other special places featured in this atlas are:
• Major buildings of the Executive, Legislative, and Judicial branches of the federal government
• The National Mall and Smithsonian Institution museums
• Washington's administrative, financial, and commercial districts
• Rock Creek Park and the National Zoo
• Potomac and Anacostia rivers and bordering waterfronts
• Arlington National Cemetery
• Most embassies of other nations
• Historic Georgetown
• Numerous residential neighborhoods scattered throughout the covered area
TerraAtlas: Central Washington, DC incorporates an area 5.68 miles north-south and 5.08 miles east-west, or some 28.84 square miles, in Washington, DC, and Arlington County, Virginia.
The aerial photography reproduced in this atlas was taken in 2002 by the US Geological Survey.
Includes 35 pages of photographs at a scale of 1:700048 pages