- Centerpiece is a beautiful world map showing the physical earth and oceans
- World map insets showing the Ice Age vegetation 18,000 years ago, and Greeenhouse-effect vegetation zones
- A timeline, entitled, "People and planet: a troubled partnership. An amazing graphic shows population growth from 16,000 BC to the present, demonstrating how advances in agriculture and public health have enabled the human race to burgeon--and over-populate the earth.
- Descriptions of growing threats, including population pressure, air and water pollution, rise in ozone levels, species extinctions, and more
- Inset showing a Peru-Ecuador upwelling, illustrating how rapidly the oceans can change
- Inset showing Minnesota's Boreal Forest, and the pressures on it from human intervention
Coverage Area: The World, North America, South America, Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, Oceania, Antarctica